Thursday, December 8, 2011

Gingerbread houses

Just a short post to say that I finally did it: I made my first solo gingerbread houses.

I've helped make them before, while studying under my gingerbread sensei Amy. When I got married she gave me her recipe, pattern and instructions. Every Advent for seven Advents I've looked at the recipe and thought "Now is not the time." This year, it was time.


This is the one I decorated.

I haven't gotten around to adding "snow" yet.


The kids helped with this one.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Sarah, it is so cute! Good job. Love the door ajar - very enticing. Now one wishes to have a tour of the interior. It is furnished, is it not?

    Love from one who wishes you could have said you learned it at your mother's knee,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very smart to have a kid's one so there can be one that satisfies your aesthetic needs.

    ReplyDelete