Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Advent update

Sorry for the dead air there on this blog: my posts are most often inspired by pictures I've taken, and for whatever reason I took almost no pictures of note over the past month. I anticipate taking quite a few pictures as Advent wears on and Christmastime loometh, so hopefully my next post will be along fairly soon. In the meantime, here's proof of life:

Our Advent wreath. New this year: a seasonally appropriate tablecloth.

Baklava! I've wanted to make this for 15 years but never got around to it until now. I'd say it was worth the wait, but what I really mean is, why didn't I make this sooner?? Drool.

Last year our front birch was quite drab. It's making up for lost time.

I'm so glad to be living in a place that gets frost in December!

Below is an impromptu photo shoot with St. Nicholas at our church. This is perfectly typical of each of the kids' photographic styles. Eve: hamming it up and trying to direct everyone else. Isaiah: trying to be simultaneously solemn and goofy. Samuel: slightly apprehensive and wondering what's going on.

St. Nick Wants You!

No comments:

Post a Comment