Friday, July 25, 2014

The Oregon Garden

In late June, Brian had a big Knights of Columbus meeting to attend, and many of the Knights' wives met up for a group visit to the nearby Oregon Garden.  (My thanks to my parents, who watched the older three kids while I took along the baby, er, I mean, toddler.)  I had just acquired a new camera, to boot.  I'm not sure these photos represent my highest artistic endeavors, due in part to inclement weather and a grabby baby, but I hope the beauty of the gardens comes through anyway.

 Bring out the big guns, or rather, the big gunnera.

 Artichokes or sunchokes, not sure which.

 I think this was a false sea holly...?  I loved it.  I want some.

 Koi, water lilies.

 They did nice work with their reflecting pools.


 Nothing exotic here, I just liked the image.

 They trained a weeping evergreen across a big metal pole, like a kind of living curtain.

A 400 year old oak tree.  When 400 years old you reach, look this good you will not.




No comments:

Post a Comment