Tuesday, April 3, 2012

My turn

My birthday has its idiosyncrasies. To begin with, it's April Fool's Day; I'm sure you can imagine the trouble that leads to. Additionally, it nearly always falls in Lent, and frequently on Good Friday. Over the years I have become accustomed to celebrating my birthday on the most convenient non-Lenten day, but this year I was in luck: my birthday fell on Palm Sunday! Let the partaaaaay commence.

Potted hyacinths make lovely centerpieces (and they smell good too).

Birthday breakfast of champions: croissants, jam, and coffee.

The coffee cup bears the chemical formula for caffeine.

God came through with a good gift: a birthday rainbow!

I received some lovely, and hilarious, gifts from my family, but that is a topic for a later post. Mwahahahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment