Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Pansies, requiescat in pace



"Sing, goddess, the anger of Peleus’ son Achilleus
and its devastation,...."

....

"Must... control... fist... of... death..."

....

"If it's not the rabbits, it's my own children!"

That last quote was from me, earlier this afternoon, in reaction to the carnage wrought upon my poor pansies. People who know me especially well will know that pansies are my favorite flower.

Anyone want to buy a gently *cough* used three-year-old boy? For cheap?

You might think that this is one of those stories that heartwarmingly ends with the child, having destroyed his mother's flowers, presenting his mother with a loving bouquet. Children in those stories, though, usually don't say things like "Kill, kill flowers!" while they're ripping out the flowers and throwing them on the ground. Next time I won't put him in time-out close to any plants I care about. *seethe*

5 comments:

  1. Original sin is so cute, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. * * * *
    Bunter took up the violated bottle of port and cradled it mournfully in his arms.

    "All the port! All the port! Two and a half dozen, all shook up to blazes! And his lordship bringing it down in the back of the car, driving as tender and careful as if it was a baby in arms."
    * * * *

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't look now, but Isaiah may also have ripped out an 'n' from the title...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, yeah, I got the singular/plural thing messed up. So sue me.

    ReplyDelete