Friday, May 6, 2011

Clever girl...

Last Saturday the kids and I were eating lunch in the kitchen while Daddy ate his lunch in front of the TV, as is his custom on weekends. The kids are always anxious to be turned loose so they can go see what Daddy is watching on TV. We began discussing why we ate in the kitchen instead of in front of the TV. I trotted out my usual set of reasons, which included how I prefer to enjoy my food without the distraction of the TV.
"But Mommy," responded Eve, "wouldn't you be even less distracted from your food if I was in the living room with Daddy?"
....
"Your logic is impeccable, Eve."
Eve grinned.
"I'm a smart girl!"

[I then explained how I also liked to enjoy the company of my children during meals, at least sometimes, and regardless, no-you-may-not-leave-the-table-until-you-finish-your-food.]

No comments:

Post a Comment